Re: Question: using public domain code?

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question: using public domain code?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 13:03:08 +0000

In such case (code says PD but actually CC0 like), does it
prevent usage in GNU project without copyright papers?

To my understanding the copyright papers are to anticipate
upgrading to new license in the future.
AFAIK CC0-like are compatible with GPL,
does that mean it doesn’t create trouble for license upgrading even
without copyright papers?
(Because the CC0-like code doesn’t need to be relicensed,
we just need to relicense the other part of the codebase and
those CC0 like code will still stay compatible?)