Re: Keybinding styles

From: André A . Gomes
Subject: Re: Keybinding styles
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 15:15:52 +0300

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> If you wanted to do a research project, you could try developing a
> system for writing manuals which handled variation in key bindings.
> You might come up with an advance in technology.
>
> If you want to work on that research, I wish you luck, but that is
> outside the scope of the GNU Project.

Why is it outside the scope of the GNU Project?

This is probably a silly hack, but here are some ideas to have a
"dynamic" Emacs manual.  Basically, write dynamically, publish
statically.  A rough plan:

1. Convert the Emacs manual from texi to org.

2. Leverage `where-is' and the macro replacement facilities of org---(info
"(org) Macro Replacement").

3. Export the org manual to texi.

--
André A. Gomes