Re: Documentation of tab-bar-show and friends

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Documentation of tab-bar-show and friends
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 21:47:02 +0300

> I'm still missing something: how does one go about setting tab bar
> independently for several frames?  NEWS says "according to the value
> of tab-bar-show", but that variable is global, so setting it affects
> all the frames, no?

toggle-frame-tab-bar overrides the value of tab-bar-show.
I remember mentioning this in some discussion, but can't
find this in the documentation, sorry.

Generally, there are two levels of customization:

1. The global tab-bar-show that defines when to show/hide the tab bar
depending on the number of tabs.  This variable affects all frames.

2. It's possible to override the aforementioned behavior
by explicitly calling toggle-frame-tab-bar on a frame.
Then the value of tab-bar-show has no effect on that frame.