Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: tab-bar: Defining another mouse-button binding?
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 21:58:49 +0300

>> to drag a tab by mouse-1
>
> works, but feels strange, because we don't really drag the button: it
> is never shown in an intermediate position while dragging.  I wonder
> whether we should advertise such a strange "dragging".

There is no indication during dragging, and currently I have no idea
how to shown an intermediate indication, but at the end it works,
so maybe this could be explained in the documentation.

>> and also wheel-left/wheel-right to switch to the next/previous tab,
>> and S-wheel-left/wheel-right to move the tab.
>
> This doesn't work, neither on GUI frames nor on TTY frames.  I get an
> error message about "<nil> <mouse-wheel> is undefined".

Does the mouse wheel work on a tab-line?  tab-line has such bindings
for Windows:

  (global-set-key [tab-line mouse-4]    'tab-line-hscroll-left)
  (global-set-key [tab-line mouse-5]    'tab-line-hscroll-right)
  (global-set-key [tab-line wheel-up]   'tab-line-hscroll-left)
  (global-set-key [tab-line wheel-down] 'tab-line-hscroll-right)
  (global-set-key [tab-line wheel-left] 'tab-line-hscroll-left)
  (global-set-key [tab-line wheel-right] 'tab-line-hscroll-right)

that were copied to tab-bar-map.