Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:09:52 +0300

> Cc: rms@gnu.org, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, stefan@marxist.se,
>  juri@linkov.net, rudalics@gmx.at, larsi@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:25:31 +0300
>
> > How many are "en masse"?  We have less than a dozen people claiming
> > they want `..' back, that's hardly a "masse" in my book.
>
> I don't see anybody concur with your stance in this particular
> discussion, and if you search the old one, I think it was mostly Paul
> (?), and even he was really arguing toward something different, in a
> different context as well (plain text files).

It doesn't matter.  This is a decision we already made, so just saying
you don't like it is not good enough.  We need a much stronger reason
to reverse previous decisions.

> > This one isn't, because we have been using it for many moons now.
> > Some of it is practically impossible to undo, because it's in Git
> > commit log messages.
>
> Again, look at this discussion: nobody is disputing the format of log
> messages.

Not true.  If you look at the commit log messages, even the latest
ones done today, you will see that almost everyone disputes that part.

> Lars said we shouldn't care about it too much, but that's neither here
> nor there.

Which is a clear disagreement with what I said, and contradicts what
you say above.