Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:43:39 -0400

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 1:31 PM Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> wrote:
> Nobody has any idea what they were doing when it happened? Scrolling
> or typing or resizing windows or anything?
>
> Someone in an unrelated bug report suggested something similar
> happened after they created a new frame (which doesn't make much
> sense, unless Emacs is drawing to the wrong frame). Was anyone doing
> anything like that? Child frames popping up for use with, I don't
> know, company mode or something?

I use company w/ child frames, so this is possible. It is an off by
one error in line rendering. It's not that it's lines from another
frame, they are from the same frame, just the line above typically.

> Where on the frame do these things happen? If it happens again please
> send a screenshot of the whole frame.

It happens only on a window at a time. Often in my left window around
the middle of the frame, maybe? I will try and capture a screenshot
next time.

Aaron