RE: [External] : Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:07:03 +0000

> > I don't see multitudes proclaiming support
> > for changing `...' in Lisp comments (or
> > for keeping the change to curly quotes in
> > help and manuals).
>
> Reverting how curly quotes are displayed in help
> and manuals has never been on the table.

It's not about "how curly quotes are displayed".

It's about _using_ curly quotes as delimiters
in help and manuals, where we used to use the
simpler, more recognizable, easier to search
for, and easier to type `...'.

Such reverting has been raised/proposed in the
current discussion, and not only by me.

Whether that's off the table is your (& Eli's)
decision.  But opinions in favor have been
expressed.  Does "off the table" mean it can't
even be spoken?  Maybe the opinions expressed
won't go anywhere, but still, they can be heard.

The same reasons support that reverting as
those given for not changing `...' in Lisp
comments.