Re: Patch proposal: display symbol source code in help buffers

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Patch proposal: display symbol source code in help buffers
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 17:23:12 +0200

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> Here is my second proposal to bring built-in help on par with external
>> offerings.
>
> I haven't tried the patch, but this is for showing the source code of
> the function/variable in question in the *Help* buffer?  I'm not quite
> sure I understand the utility of that -- if you want to look at the
> source, you can just hit the `s' key.  And then you get all the proper
> language-related Emacs stuff in that buffer -- looking at sources is
> usually nicer in the correct major mode than in other buffers.
>
> So I don't understand who'd want this.

Sorry Lars, I was reading mails from top-to bottom, so I see this mail after I
have already answered to Stefan K. (and you indirectly) and Eli. Is it ok if you
take a peek in those two mails, since I have elaborated quite in those
two? It feels a bit phony now to repeat both of those answers again :).