Re: Confusing doc string of list-or-string at point

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Confusing doc string of list-or-string at point
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:11:45 +0300

> The doc string says:
>
>   Like `thing-at-point-bounds-of-list-at-point', but also
>   prefer to find of any enclosing string."
>
> "Prefer to find of" is clearly a typo of sorts, but I don't have a
> clear idea what you wanted to say there.  The same problem is with the
> NEWS entry.

I tried to copy the meaning of the arg NO-SYNTAX-CROSSING of 'up-list'
that uses such words in the docstring:

  If NO-SYNTAX-CROSSING is non-nil (as it is interactively), prefer
  to break out of any enclosing string instead of moving to the
  end of a list broken across multiple strings.

The idea is that when this arg is non-nil, and point is inside a string,
then 'up-list' prefers to move out of string, instead of moving out
of parentheses.