Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 09:09:01 +0300

> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> Cc: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>,  larsi@gnus.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:57:13 +0200
>
> > Please, no unnecessary generalizations of this kind.  Or at least not
> > to cater to this particular request.  I want a _help_ command, not
> > just a prefix that runs any command in the other window.  because, for
> > starters, what if the *Help* buffer is not currently on display at
> > all?
>
> Here is one updated without the unnecessary let statement.

Thanks, but I'd prefer a prefix command, so that you wouldn't need to
prompt for the key sequence, but expect the user to provide it
already.  For example, "C-h M-h s" would show the definition of the
function or variable.

Also, the *Help* window should stay displayed, so any additional
buffers the command needs to pop (for example, to show the definition)
should not replace the *Help* buffer, it should pop in another window,
exactly like when I invoke the command from the *Help* buffer.