Re: PR: dired-do-create-files now checks for trailing slashes in the tar

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: PR: dired-do-create-files now checks for trailing slashes in the target
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 08:04:18 -0700

> But it's nice functionality.  Is there some other way we could get this
> without relying on the difference between foo and foo/?  A separate
> command, perhaps?  Or some extra prompting?

How about a prompt by default (e.g. "Do you want to create directory
`foo' and move the file into it?"), with a user option to disable it for
those that want it?

The option values could be t for "do it, no prompt", nil for "turn this
feature off", and 'prompt for the default "enable but prompt first".