Re: Q: How to programatically terminate repeat-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Q: How to programatically terminate repeat-mode
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 21:03:28 +0300

> However I needed to explicitly use (push 7 unread-command-events)
> rather than the more readable (push repeat-exit-key
> unread-command-events)
>
> since unread-command-events doesn't like having a vector pushed onto it.

Actually, the most reliable solution would be to use repeat-exit-timer
because the timer function should run the repeat exit function.
I don't know if there is a function to run the timer function immediately.
The only way that I found is to change the timer's time to 0 seconds,
then the existing timer will fire immediately.  For example:

  (when repeat-exit-timer
    (timer-set-idle-time repeat-exit-timer 0))