Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 20:37:20 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> E.g., my eln-cache directory has no less than 20 subdirectories, each
> one for a slightly different Emacs version and configuration.

You're an Emacs developer, so that's to be expected.

But for normal users, the .eln files are neither more nor less specific
to an Emacs version than, say, the .pdmp file.  If Debian distributes a
specific Emacs version, it will be accompanied with the matching .pdmp
file -- and the matching .eln files, if that is what Debian decides to
do.

This is not complicated.