Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:57:37 +0000

>> Isn't that just `package-native-compile'?
>
> Oh, it's there!
> Wee!!

BTW, I think nil is the best default for that variable if and only if
`native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors' also defaults to nil.
Otherwise, users will have a rather scary warning buffer pop up in
the middle of trying to do work (or playing `M-x pong', more likely).

Maybe we could revisit the latter in time for Emacs 29, or at the latest
before switching native compilation to on by default (Emacs 30?).