Re: PATCH: Explicitly show how let works on global-variables

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PATCH: Explicitly show how let works on global-variables
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 10:52:35 +0300

> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:46:02 +0200
>
> this is a small patch for the 'Introduction to Emacs LISP programming' guide
> to show how let works on
> system-wide variables.
> Understanding this would have made my life easier the past +20 years ;-) and
> an example is sometimes
> worth 100 lines of explanation (more so if you are in a hurry and you do
> diagonal reading)

This manual already says, in the previous subsection:

     Local variables created by a ‘let’ expression retain their value
  _only_ within the ‘let’ expression itself (and within expressions called
  within the ‘let’ expression); the local variables have no effect outside
  the ‘let’ expression.

Doesn't this cover the issue?