Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 13:39:56 -0400

  > If the name doesn't make it
  > clear what it does, the same is true for Emacs, Company, GNU, GCC, Linux
  > (the kernel).

GCC is an acronym for GNU Compiler Collection; that states what it
does.

GNU is an acronym for GNU's Not Unix.  By the convention for recursive
acronyms, that implies something similar to Unix; in other words, a
Unix-like operating system.

Emacs is short for Editing Macros, which says it is an editor.

That is not to say that none of those could possibly be improved upon.

Company, by contrast, is one of the unclear names I think we should
change for clarity.

As for Linux, that name is not ours, so the blame or the praise
is not for us.