Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 06:43:53 -0400

     > > I am reputed to be good at that.  nstead of telling me how hopeless it
     > > is, which won't convince me, how about telling me what Eglot does?
     > > Then we'll see if I come up with a more descriptive name.
     > >
     > No, I'm not the one pushing for the change.

   I am not "pushing for the change" regardless of all advantages and
   disadvantages.  Rather, I am pushing to look for possible better
   names, and then make a decision based on what we will have found.

   Isn't that clearly the right thing to do?  Won't you help us do it?

Seeing that eglot would still keep it's original name, there is little
to no reason to make up a name on the spot, and stop or hinder Eli
from going forward working on the next release.

A new name, or a better name that users would normally call, can be
done at a later time, seeing that it would be just a simple DEFALIAS.

So this discussion can easily be taken later, without casuing extra
arguments.