Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 17:35:26 -0400

  > > I think the clearest name for Eglot is  Parse Code.

  > Eglot doesn't parse code.  It is a client of a protocol designed to
  > allow applications to send requests about source code and receive
  > results.  The server which responds to the requests does parse the
  > code, but Eglot doesn't.

That's true, but it consists of implementation details.  Users don't
need to know about them or think in those terms.  For users, the
simple description of the package's job is to causes various Emacs
features to work by parsing code.

  > But it's too early and premature to discuss what we will say in our
  > menus, because we have no idea what these menus will be and which
  > features they will activate.  We should delay this discussion until
  > after the merge, at which point we will be able to talk about concrete
  > commands, variables, doc strings, and menu items.

If users ask at some point to "use this package", it is important
what we call the package.

If users ask to enable various specific features that work using this
package, maybe users won't need to know the package's name.

How to deal with Eglot and Semantic is not clear to me.

Is there any programming language which is supported both by Eglot and
by Semantic?