Re: Comparison of tools to search for related files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Comparison of tools to search for related files
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 14:16:56 +0300

> From: Damien Cassou <damien@cassou.me>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>,
>  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 08:37:05 +0200
>
> in bug#58071 [1] I submitted related-files (formerly jumprel), the tool
> I described in the first message of this thread. The question is now if
> related-files should be included into Emacs core and, if yes, what to do
> about `find-file.el' and `find-sibling-file' whose behavior is, I think,
> largely covered by related-files.
>
> What do you think?

Given that we already have 2 such facilities, I personally don't mind
to have a third, which perhaps could replace the other two in the
future.  (Although, to tell the truth, I'd be happier to have just one
package for this.)  But Lars is objected to adding this, AFAIU, so if
we cannot convince him, this should go to ELPA, I think.

I'm also interested in the opinions of others.

Thanks.