Re: Add new variable 'inhibit-native-compilation'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Add new variable 'inhibit-native-compilation'
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 14:12:14 +0200

Konrad Podczeck <konrad.podczeck@univie.ac.at> writes:

> How to get, after the changes of how native compilation works, the old
> behavior, i.e., one sees a log file of how native compilation of
> packages goes on, and after finishing this, in .emacs.d, an eln-cache
> folder is shown showing all the packages which have been natively
> compiled, instead, as it is now, only two trampoline files?

I'm not sure what you mean -- Emacs has never shown a log of native
compilation on startup, or displayed the eln-cache directory after
finishing.

If what you mean is that JIT compilation no longer happens, that sounds
like a bug.  I'm not able to reproduce that -- if I start up a
nativecomp Emacs, it creates a large number of .eln files in the
eln-cache diretory.