Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 00:42:25 +0100

On Fri, Oct 07 2022, Tim Cross wrote:

[...]

> In short, the name 'Parse Code' would look to me like a developer
> library for people writing elisp packages, not a general purpose
> package which sets up a development environment for many different
> languages.

Just like tree-sitter, which i understand is also nearing its inclusion
in emacs core, and whose primary function is, if i'm not mistaken,
literally parsing code.

(For my own education as a non-native speaker, if i may: isn't "Parse
Code", not being a noun phrase, a bit awkward as a name anyway? Sounds
to me like, say, calling an email client "Write Messages".)

Cheers,
jao
--
“If I can do it better in Emacs I use Emacs. Otherwise, I use Emacs.”
 - Mike Zamansky