Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 14:41:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>> > shell-script-mode
>> >

>> I can do js-mode. I already have made a patch before the api
>> stabilised, and am pretty familiar with the whole thing. I'll look at
>> python and go from that.
>
> Thank you very much, we'll appreciate it.

Here you go - how does this look?  There's support for font-locking,
navigation to class, methods and other stuff.  It also indents just
fine, and has an implementation for which-function.

I don't think there's a need for imenu here, though that could be
implemented as well.  Eglot handles imenu just fine, and my guess is
that most people will move over to that when available.

Please see attached patch, I think it is simple enough.

Theodor