Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 16:43:30 -0700

>> I definitely prefer symbols to variables: this way they can use their
>> own namespace and don't need the long package prefix and can be
>> shared/reused between different modes without conflict.
>>
>> And I would prefer not to include :level in the rules themselves and
>> instead rely on a separate mapping between features and levels.
>
> Sounds good! I can do that.
>
> Yuan

What are some suggestions for kind names? We could provide the common ones in
the doctoring so major modes use the same names for them. I can think of:
function, type, keyword, constant, builtin, string-interpolation, escape,
assignment-lhs, macro, preprocessor, string, comment, hmmm… this list is
extremely similar to font-lock-faces…

Yuan