Re: Average-user-facing interface for tree-sitter

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Average-user-facing interface for tree-sitter
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 15:19:19 +0530

Ketevan Lomidze <catevan@skiff.com> writes:

> Are you guys aware that tree-sitter is developed by one person who is now in a
> company to develop their own commercial text editor? Is it wise to depend on
> such external projects and to neglect your own major modes?

Isn't that guaranteed to keep the person employed and tree-sitter
development ongoing since their new product depends on it?

Besides, tree-sitter the technology has been *very* widely adopted.
Besides NeoVim integration, it is already used by Github for code
highlight and quite a few LSP servers also wrap it for parsing the file
for font lock etc.

It has become very much de-facto standard in its own niche and with such
a level of adoption, I would not worry about it being abandoned.