Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu

From: Howard Melman
Subject: Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 20:29:39 -0400

A few comments on the text.

In Window I think C-x 0 should be called kill (or close)
because that what it does to the window, and this is
meaningful if there is more than 2 windows in the frame.
Kill matches the usage in Buffer.  And perhaps C-x 1 should
be labeled "kill others".

Also I think C-x o should be called switch just like C-x b
in Buffer.

In Mark & Kill I would put Kill Line first so that the mark
command is closer to the region and yank commands.

Finally the text for C-x C-c is "exit" in the File column
and I don't think that's clear enough that it exits emacs
and not just a file.  I know there isn't room to add emacs
but maybe "quit" is clearer as quitting a file makes less
sense (IMHO) than exiting one.

--

Howard