Re: [patch: first impression]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [patch: first impression]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 09:11:59 +0200

> On 11.10.2022 19:55, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I have just pushed a backend-agnostic implementation to master which
> should hopefully avoid all those problems at the cost of some runtime
> overhead (file copying and such).

> Please try it out whenever convenient.

Thanks, I shall do.

I also want to mention, that, besides Arne, there is one more HG user/developer
who would like to test.

I did test both patches, and the external commit-patch on the GNU emacs
repository, that I converted to HG. Conclusion your second patch using shelve
and unshelve is considerably slower than your first patch and commit-patch
(which I think was to be expected).

BTW, looking at your code, what is actually happen is that a temporary patch
file generated, that is manipulated and later committed, that is why I am not
sure that hg shelve -i
or git stash interactively could be easily implemented.

Thanks again for your efforts

Regards

Uwe