Re: [ELPA] new package: tramp-docker

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [ELPA] new package: tramp-docker
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 14:30:19 +0200

Hi,

On sam., 15 oct. 2022 at 16:43, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

> That's what I expected.  Alas, the natural consequence is that
> building containers implies a risk of including nonfree software.  The
> more packages, the more risk.

This is inaccurate.

> As long as that is the case, we should warn people off of distributing
> containers.

Container is not the issue – it is just a format for packing as tar is.

GNU Guix produces container images including only free software and not
relying on Docker binary or infrastructure.  Please see this message [1].

1: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-10/msg01078.html>

All the best,
simon