Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:59:11 +0200

Am Montag, dem 17.10.2022 um 07:23 +0000 schrieb Andrea Corallo:
> Liliana Marie Prikler <liliana.prikler@gmail.com> writes:

> > > I thought this change was just into master "for discussion", are
> > > we already suggesting users to integrate it in their
> > > infrastructures?
> > > BTW AFAIU this usecase was already supported in 28 using
> > > `native-comp-deferred-compilation'.
> > The deferred-compilation switch still ends up writing to $HOME,
> > which the new inhibit one doesn't.
>
> I think Eli explained more than once how to avoid that also without
> using the new switch.
Now, I'm not following all branches of this discussion, so the chances
that I missed something are admittedly high, but the last time I
conversed with Eli about this, they said my use case was neither
supported nor something they'd consider supporting.  Thus, I'd be
positively surprised to see it in fact supported.

In any case, please do inform me about the solution once everything has
settled; I'll need to bump the emacs-next package in Guix, which
currently uses Lars' commit.

Cheers