Re: Failed pipeline for master | emacs | fd4992d3

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Failed pipeline for master | emacs | fd4992d3
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 10:51:11 +0200

Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't quite understand why this is failing. The build logs say this:
>
> -------------------------
> In end of data:
> eshell/esh-util.el:279:17: Warning: the function
> `setq-connection-local' is not known to be defined.
> eshell/esh-util.el:272:4: Warning: the function
> `with-connection-local-application-variables' is not known to be
> defined.
>
> But both of those macros have autoload cookies. Shouldn't that be all
> they need to work without explicitly requiring files-x? It works on my
> local builds...

I also get the same warnings in a local build.  The autoload cookies
will load them at runtime, but you still need to make them available to
the compiler (otherwise, it cannot expand them).  The usual way to do
that is to simply (require 'files-x) with an eval-when-compile around
it, to prevent loading the file that contains the macros when someone
runs the code.