Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 08:52:05 +0000

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 19:26:53 +0300
>>> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>>> Cc: larsi@gnus.org, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca,
>>>  liliana.prikler@gmail.com, rlb@defaultvalue.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>>
>>> I think it's a fine solution, but either comp-spawned-compilation
>>> should be renamed to comp-no-spawn, or its value in the forked Emacs
>>> processes should be nil...
>>
>> Btw, instead of inventing yet another variable, we could make
>> native-comp-async-jobs-number accept one more value: -1, to mean
>> "don't run async jobs at all".
>>
>> Your call.
>
> SGTM thanks.
>
>   Andrea

Okay 1a8015b837 should do the job.  I eventually opted for adding
`comp-no-spawn' for now, seen the current "debated" situation on what we
should offer as interface to the user, I thought was better for now to
add a variable supposed to be used for internal use only.  We can remove
it and link the mechanism to `native-comp-async-jobs-number' afterwards
if we decide for it.

  Andrea