Re: [patch: first impression]

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [patch: first impression]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:30:35 +0300

On 18.10.2022 09:33, Uwe Brauer wrote:
     - do the same but run commit-patch-buffer using the perl script
       commit-patch
       time: 26 sec

That's all after pressing C-c C-c after typing in the commit message, right?

That's a lot. I have a big checkout of the Mozilla repo, and a similar operation takes about ~3 seconds. And that already feels sluggish.

But of course it depends on the number of files and their sizes, I suppose.

Conclusion, for most practical purpose the lisp implementation is
enough. I just considered an extreme case.

Wish we managed to implement something faster for Hg.

'hg import --bypass' seemed the most promising option, but the 'hg update tip' step that you suggested can end up in conflict.

I've searched for some "plumbing" Hg command corresponding to 'git reset --soft' and couldn't find it.