RE: [External] : CL packages landed

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : CL packages landed
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 20:13:13 +0000

> > Now we should figure out a good way to disambiguate
> > the use of the word "package", for our docs etc.,
> > to help users understand that this and the Emacs
> > "package" system are completely different species.
>
> I call them symbol-packages if in doubt.

Sure.  But a simpler name might be useful.  And folks
might anyway end up calling them "packages" - e.g.,
when they _think_ what's meant isn't in doubt.

"Obarray" was an obscure word, but it had the upside
of being one of a kind - unambiguous.
___

(I hear a whispered "snobarray", for symbol-name
obarray.  No, I'm not serious.)