Re: Copyright assignment

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Copyright assignment
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 15:14:16 -0400

  > FWIW, coreutils don't have people ask on the mailing list about this,
  > they just have this note in their HACKING file:

  >   The forms to choose from are in gnulib's doc/Copyright/ directory.
  >   If you want to assign a single change, you should use the file,
  >   doc/Copyright/request-assign.changes:

That looks like the old way we used to do things, before we
developed the simpler way we have used for a decade or two.
So you're proposing two changes at once:

1. To publish in the Emacs distro a statement of what contributors
should do, and

2. To recommend the old way instead of the current way.

I think #1 is fine, but we should not do #2.