Re: [ELPA] New package: triples

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: triples
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 06:36:29 +0300

* Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> [2022-10-26 03:59]:
> I've created a new package, triples, which can be found at
> https://github.com/ahyatt/triples.  I'd like to add this to some ELPA, and
> would prefer the gnu ELPA.  I will be talking about this package, and
> examples of its use, in the upcoming Emacs conference.

I like the idea of relating everything to everything.

I was experimenting with semantic triplets for PostgreSQL:

Implementation of Semantic Triplets in PostgreSQL database:
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/5/4/Implementation-of-Semantic-Triplets-in-PostgreSQL-database-37154.html

In this case any table, column, with its primary key may be related to
any other table, column with its primary key. That way objects and
subjects are constrained and rigid, it is not universal triplets, but
database tables dependent one. It relates only what exists in the
database. If there is `people' database then such may be related to
arbitrary other tables like `statistics'.

You have made general triplets to build any type of knowledge that is nice.

Triplets allow huge flexibility in relation assignments.

I just wonder if your "types" can simply be replaced again with
predicates.

select * from predicates;
 predicates_id | predicates_name |      predicates_description
---------------+-----------------+-----------------------------------
             1 | is              | When subject is object.
             2 | knows           | When subject knows object.
             3 | registered      | When subject registered an object

by adding "has" predicate, one can tell:

person has age
person has name
employee has id
id is integer