Re: Replace 'pp' with 'prin1' to generate ELPA archive-contents

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Replace 'pp' with 'prin1' to generate ELPA archive-contents
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 10:33:43 +0200

    Po Lu> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
    >> Oh, Iʼd looked at the result, not the source. But I guess itʼs kind of
    >> a moot point, as I doubt there are any distributions that donʼt build
    >> Emacs with GnuTLS.

    Po Lu> FWIW, the old GNU/Linux distributions (Fedora 10, 9, 7) that I use to
    Po Lu> test backwards compatibility in the X build ship a GnuTLS that
doesn't
    Po Lu> work with modern Emacs.

The newest of those is from 2008. I highly doubt anybody still running
such a release wants a modern Emacs.

Robert