Re: Average-user-facing interface for tree-sitter

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Average-user-facing interface for tree-sitter
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 18:29:09 +0300

On 27.10.2022 18:21, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Yes, there are indeed some non-trivial tradeoffs here.
Reading some old bug report made me realize another problem: what if
a derived-mode of js-mode, A-mode expects cc-mode stuff to be setup by
js-mode, but js-mode doesn’t setup cc-mode because it’s using tree-sitter?

js2-mode also derives from js-mode, and I think it might be rather surprised to encounter TreeSitter integration in its buffers.

Not sure how much it's going to conflict in practice, but using two different parsers at the same time sounds problematic.