emacs-erc

Re: bug#48598: 28.0.50; buffer-naming collisions involving bouncers in E

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: bug#48598: 28.0.50; buffer-naming collisions involving bouncers in ERC
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 13:08:24 +0100

"J.P." <jp@neverwas.me> writes:

> Sorry, three weeks is too long. For others following along, I posted the
> patches directly to debbugs to spare you all a patch bomb.
>
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48598#42
>
> If that was unnecessary, someone please say so. Thanks.

It's great having the patch series in the bug tracker, too -- it's
generally helpful from a code archaeology perspective, where we
frequently look into 20 year old changes and wonder what the reasoning
and history behind it all was, and external URLs have usually died a
long time ago.

So in 20 years time, somebody may be staring at this bug report, and if
that's the case: Hi!  Welcome back!