emacs-erc

Re: bug#48598: 28.0.50; buffer-naming collisions involving bouncers in E

From: J.P.
Subject: Re: bug#48598: 28.0.50; buffer-naming collisions involving bouncers in ERC
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 06:29:34 -0700

> Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> On EMBA, tests will run only per subdirectories like test/lisp/erc. As
>> long as all ERC related tests are located there, these tests are
>> triggered only when there is a change in lisp/erc/* or
>> test/lisp/erc/*. No problem.

Thanks for the lowdown, Michael. The tests that matter live directly
under test/lisp/erc. The deeper ones

  test/lisp/erc
  ├── erc-d
  │   ├── erc-d-self.el   <~~ like this thing

only target fixtures and other apparati, so they can be skipped if need
be. But if they're swept up for the bigger 8-hourly runs, that's fine
too.

> If these tests take five minutes, then they're presumably marked as
> expensive, so they won't get run by a normal "make check" anyway?  (I
> haven't actually checked the patch.)

Lars, thanks for looking at this (and my other bugs). I meant five
minutes in aggregate. The vast majority take fractions of a second, and
the ones that don't mostly reside in a single file (log attached). I
haven't yet tagged any as expensive but certainly can. CONTRIBUTE says
"longer than some few seconds", so I guess maybe a dozen or so in that
EMBA log fit the bill. Should I go ahead and tag them?