emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Form-feed as literary-style scene breaks

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Form-feed as literary-style scene breaks
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:47:22 +1000

On 2021-01-14 18:49, Manuel Uberti wrote:
However, in Emacs 28 from emacs -Q evaluating that code results in:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)

Hmm I think maybe variable standard-display-table is nil by default, but my init has this:

(set-display-table-slot standard-display-table 'vertical-border ?│)
(aset standard-display-table ?\^L
      (vconcat (make-string 15 ?\s) (make-string 35 ?─)))

So maybe that sets standard-display-table as an array before calling aset on it. If I comment out that first line I get the same error.

From the docs it seems like I should be using buffer-display-table instead.