emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:07:40 +0800

Gary Klimowicz <gak@pobox.com> writes:

> I'm starting to wish I had a Luhmann-style indexing system for the reference
> material. I don't want these docs to clog up my list of my own notes. But I
> wish I had a handle more permanent than a file's directory and name to refer
> to them by.

I personally keep my references as org headings. Because org has a
feature to attach files to a heading, I do not need to worry about where
the file is located while I can find the associated heading.

> I might really want deft and zetteldeft to allow me to have multiple such
> node lists available simultaneously.

I am not familiar with deft/zetteldeft, but can't you just have two
directories - one with notes and one with references? Then, deft can
search in one or other directory according to your choice.

Best,
Ihor