emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 00:31:46 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2021-01-31 00:03]:
> Gary Klimowicz <gak@pobox.com> writes:
>
> > I'm starting to wish I had a Luhmann-style indexing system for the
> > reference material. I don't want these docs to clog up my list of my own
> > notes. But I wish I had a handle more permanent than a file's directory and
> > name to refer to them by.

> I personally keep my references as org headings. Because org has a
> feature to attach files to a heading, I do not need to worry about where
> the file is located while I can find the associated heading.

Good idea. User should be able to attach just any kind of "thing" to a
note as that is how life really is, it is related to other things. But
indexing and finding things in Org is IMHO the main problem and one
very solvable problems as Org already offers parsers of the
structure. I would then parse over all Org files, all of its
attributes, tags, properties, time stamps, just anything, and would
import it into database, create a full text search and let the
database give me all the headings and anything that is located on the
file system.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns