emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanit

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 22:21:31 +0300

* Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com> [2021-07-19 20:36]:
> On 19 Jul 2021, Jean Louis wrote:
> > Alright. Which command in Org will invoke Org agenda for tag? Do you
> > know?
> >
> > What I mean is 'org-agenda-by-tag' but I cannot find it.
>
> I might be misunderstanding your question, but for what it's worth we have
> implemented something like this at our company.
>
> Basically: we run the `ots-browse-deliverables' command in Emacs, and that
> displays a buffer built from all the entries (across all the Org files
> listed in `org-agenda-files') that have the "DUE" tag.  Most or all of those
> entries have an Org date element, so the buffer lists them in chronological
> order of course.
>
> Search for ";;; Deliverables-tracking system" in
> https://github.com/OpenTechStrategies/ots-tools/blob/master/emacs-tools/ots.el
> to see more.
>
> This is a kind of "org-agenda-by-tag", though I'm not sure whether it's
> exactly what you had in mind.

It is probably that. I was meaning an index of tags and then by
clicking on the index one could get the Org agenda.

The concept I am using consists of buttons from library button.el but
same concept can be used to generate Org mode buffer with all the tags
so when user clicks on the tag then would get specific headings for
that tag.

See the frameshot attached.

--
Jean