Re: [Orgmode] org <-> Palm

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org <-> Palm
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 01:18:45 +0100

On 11/6/06, Christopher Kuettner <address@hidden> wrote:
On the Palm there is one open source outliner called Progect.  It's a
good tool, I used it for quite a while successfully.  It coorporates
with the standard Plam apps (ie you can see progect todos as tasks in
plam tasks) http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=9244

It works with some standard database file format.  And it supports
nearly all the same data-"atoms" as org does.

It looks very nice (but not a lot of active devel, though).

Just write a converter script between org and that database file format
and you are done.

Umm, sounds tempting, but the approach of simple having an editor for
text files, and just opening there the org files is ... well, tempting
enough for now.

Another solution I was thinking about the last couple of weeks...

As I learned coding on the Amiga side of things, I searches for Rexx for
the Palm.  It is available. (http://www.jaxo.com/rexx/) Then we have
that tool, I think it is called MacNoteTaker, which is a basic
text-editor on the palm side of things, but syncs to a directory on the
desktop.  You can put your org-files into that directory, and write
rexx-macros on the palm which emulate org-mode's basic functionality.

There are thousands of possibilities...
http://www.khngai.com/emacs/palm.php

You are right (I just found a scheme for the palm). I apologize for
the question: had I done my homework better, and searched more
carefully, I am sure PalmEd and Progect whould have shown up.

Thanks to all who answered.

Best,

R.