[Orgmode] FR: Repeated time stamp, jumping from current time

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: [Orgmode] FR: Repeated time stamp, jumping from current time
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 23:52:15 -0500

Hi,

Right now we can have a repeated time stamp like this:

* TODO Do this every month
 SCHEDULED: <2008-03-01 Sat +1m>

If I am late and mark the above done on 2008-03-05, the time stamp will automatically jump to 2008-04-01. This is very useful for things like paying monthly bills.

However, for some tasks, it would make more sense to jump from the date when it is marked done, not from when it is scheduled to be done. An example is changing my furnace filter. I am supposed to change it once a month, but if I am late for 10 days, the next date to change should be 30 days away, not 20 days away.

Maybe we can use a syntax like this to indicate that:

<2008-03-01 Sat +=1m>

Any comments? Thank you.

Wanrong