[Orgmode] But: Setting a property value - Spaces are not allowed in valu

From: Charles Cave
Subject: [Orgmode] But: Setting a property value - Spaces are not allowed in value prompt
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:39:17 +1000

I am studying the Properties section of org mode (chapter 7) and ran into this
problem. I am using Orgh-mode 6.02b runinng on Windows XP with
GNU Emacs.

I have created a test file of CDs (see listing below), then enter a new
headline:

*** Beethoven Fifth Symphony

I enter the command C-c C-x p
select the propert of Title
then attempt to enter:
Fifth Symphony

However I am prevented entering the space.   I encounted a similar
problem with Remember mode several months ago and that problem
got fixed.

#+PROPERTY: NDisks_ALL 1 2 3 4 5 6
#+STARTUP: hidestars

* CD Collection
** Classical
*** Goldberg Variations
    :PROPERTIES:
    :Title:    Goldberg Variations
    :Composer: J.S.Bach
    :Artist:   Glen Gould
    :Publisher:Deutsche Grammphon
    :NDisks:   1
    :END:
*** The Four Seasons
    :PROPERTIES:
    :Title:    The Four Seasons
    :NDisks:   2
    :Composer: Vivaldi
    :Publisher: Harm Mundi
    :END:
*** Beethoven Fifth Symphony      <--- this line added then C-c C-c p