[Orgmode] Three questions about Org-mode API

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: [Orgmode] Three questions about Org-mode API
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 00:19:24 +0500

Hello,

I use org-mode as a front-end to view and edit the data stored in a
list. It's easy and fast to render the list as an Org-mode tree, but I
have some problems with the performance when I convert the data back
to the list.

1. If I want to retrieve all properties of an entry (a thousand or two
of entries, for that matter), what would be faster: using
org-entry-get for every property, org-entry-properties or using custom
regexps?

2. Is there a way to obtain programmatically the contents of an entry,
the text in it (assuming the entry has no children nodes)?

3. It would be nice to mark the edited entries as `dirty' to avoid the
conversion of non-changed entries. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev