[Orgmode] automatically scheduling sequences of events

From: Peter Rayner
Subject: [Orgmode] automatically scheduling sequences of events
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:48:39 +0200

I have lots of projects which have work flows but no real schedule.
So a task like
* todo write satellite paper
might have subtasks like
** todo prepare orbit simulation for Katja
** todo get results from Claire
** todo compare with David and Frederic
** todo schedule teleconference to share writing tasks
etc etc
I would probably schedule the first of these for some free time.
What I would like is that when subtask 1 (simulation for Katja) is
done that the second (wait for results) is automatically scheduled and
so appears in my agenda.  Of course the first thing I might do is
reschedule it but at least it hasn't fallen out of sight.  I suspect
the "stuck project" agenda view accomplishes  this manually but I
would be interested in automating this if it were possible.  It could
be, too, that I need to learn to spend more time outside the "agenda
view".
Any pointers welcome
regards
Peter

--
Peter Rayner: LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
address: Bat. 701 LSCE - CEA de Saclay