Re: [Orgmode] HTML export problems

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML export problems
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:35:39 +0200

Hello David,

yes, there is no paragraph around it. Trying to be helpful, I can
only come up with an ugly temporary fix for this. I'm shure it will
be a temporary one only. It's a little JavaScript again that should
work in fairly modern browsers.

If you do not use org-info.js, build your head section this way:

------>8------>8------>8------>8------>8------>8------

<head>

/* <![CDATA[ */

function wrapTextBeforeFirstHeadline () {
  var b = document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0];
  var n = b.firstChild;
  alert(n.nodeType);
  var neu = n.cloneNode(true);
  var p = document.createElement("p");
  p.id = "text-before-first-headline";
  p.appendChild(neu);
  b.replaceChild(p, n);
};
/* ]]> */
</script>
</head>

This is the Text before the first headline.

If you use org-info.js, simply replace your local one with the version
attached. It will wrap the text before the first headline into a

element.

David O'Toole wrote:
The first paragraph before any heading is exported, but without
surrounding P paragraph tags; the remaining paragraphs (whether before
other headings, or after those headings) all have P tags and this is
messing up the styling. I'm using org-version 6.06b.

#+OPTIONS skip:nil is on.