Re: [Orgmode] Re: Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:13:02 +0200

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Ivan Kanis wrote:
>> Manish writes:
>>
>>> I have to use Office and envy folks that can link to their emails
>>> (Gnus, VM etc.) and contacts (bbdb) from Org mode.
>>
>> I have a macro that moves outlook to local e-mail that can be picked
>> by gnus. If you are interested, I will post it.
>
> I would very much like to try it.
>
> Thank you,
> -- Manish

Here is the script:

Sub ivan(MyMail As MailItem)
    Set SafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem")
    SafeItem.Item = MyMail
    SafeItem.SaveAs ("P:\ivan\tmp\bla.msg")
    Shell ("p:/perl58/bin/wperl.EXE p:/ivan/tmp/msgconvert.pl --mbox
p:/ivan/tmp/mbox P:/ivan/tmp/bla.msg")
End Sub

You will need to install msgconvert on windows and redemption for Outlook.

You will also need to self certify your macro in outlook.

How to process incoming messages in Microsoft Outlook:
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx%3Fid%3D62

Bypass security with Redemption:
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/home.htm]

Signing your own macros with SelfCert.exe:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/selfcert.htm

Locating SelfCert.exe

"By default you can find Selfcert.exe in the following location;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office <version number> If it is
not there run Office setup and choose a custom installation and
then advanced customization. Expand the Office Shared Features
Section and select Digital Certificate for VBA Projects to run
from your computer. For Office 2000 you can find this under the
Office Tools section.

Simply run SelfCert.exe. It will prompt you to name the
certificate.  I use my username because that is most convenient to
me but you can also give it the name of your company or whatever
you want.

Create Digital Certificate with SelfCert.exe
As explained in the dialog a selfcert is for personal use only

Back in the VBA Editor (ALT+F11) where you created the macro
choose Tools-> Digital Signature. You’ll see that the current VBA
project isn’t signed. Press the Choose… button and you’ll get a
screen to select a certificate. Now you can choose the certificate
you just created."

Hope this helps,
--
Ivan
http://kanis.fr

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values
or religion ... but rather by its superiority in applying organized
violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
    -- Samuel Huntington