[Orgmode] Re: Mail files in org

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Mail files in org
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:52:18 +0200

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 05:45:38PM +0200, Richard G Riley wrote:
>>
>> Gnus supports maildir too although recently I moved to an IMAP server
>> which accesses the maildir format created with procmail on my mail
>> server.
>>

> I've recently reorganized my folders to be served up by Dovecot so I
> can access my maildir inside VM with Thunderbird. A great hack, and
> Mutt compatible!
>
>> I did use Mutt for a while but being an emacs user I took the plunge and
>> went Gnus and never looked back. All the things you are familiar with
>> integrate nicely (flyspell, org-mode etc). And, of course, Gnus merges
>> the concept of usenet and email which is great when you get it all
>> sorted out and configured to your liking. But now its starting to sound
>> like I am pimping  Gnus. But as an emacs user I would recommend you take
>> the plunge again and retry Gnus.
>
> I don't do usenet, and I use emacs as the message editor for Mutt. I
> do use BBDB with Mutt via LBDB.
>
> Perhaps I should review Gnus again, any good references or screenshots
> of it in operation?

One little picture here showing email and usenet groups with group
specific colouring and then content highlighting with non empty folders.

http://richardriley.net/default/projects/images/gnus_scr.png

and a link to my .gnus here

http://richardriley.net/default/projects/emacs/

Using the built in help function on that files contents would be a big
help I think.